Saturday, April 28, 2012

90-minute Scramble

At the Hero Arts flickr group, we have a little game that we play about twice a month or so: you get challenged by your hostess, in this case, Lucille, and then make a card to her specifications, photograph it, and upload it, all in a 90-minute time frame.  I usually just make it by the skin of my teeth, and I don't seem to be improving time-wise.

Today, Lucille wanted us to use patterned paper and put something over the edge of the card, and use at least 1 Hero Arts stamp.  Here is my card:


supplies: white and gold cardstocks, dps from MME Six  by Six Everyday Flair and Echo Park Country Drive, Hero Arts CL530 Florentine Message Border, CL443 Good Thoughts, CL266 Mix & Match, CL497 Find Joy, CL377, Be Happy, VersaFine onyx black ink

Fun was had by all - I hope you'll join us next time!  I'm entering this into Simon Says Stamp's Anything Goes challenge.

12 comments:

Dawn T said...

gorgeous Lin. The challenge was way too early on a Sunday morning for me but I'm loving visiting all the "scramblers". Your card is stunning

Lisa said...

Wow... Fabulous Birthday Fun and in under 90 minutes :):):) PERFECTION!
Hugs,
Lisa

Tracey said...

Oh Lin this card is PERFECT!! I can't believe you made it in less the 90 mins...way to go!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Annette Allen said...

wow this is great...totally love these flowers...they really pop from the card..

Lisa Elton said...

Lin this is just FABULOUS! Excellent work ;)

Jackie said...

90 minutes?? That is a gorgeous card, especially knowing it was whipped up in 90 minutes - less actually when you count the photographing and uploading. It takes me longer than that just to choose the paper.

Brenda said...

This is so beautiful Lin! I just love your paper pieced flowers! Well, basically I love everything you make!

Suzanne C said...

Goregous happy card. Love the patterned paper flowers!

nwilliams6 said...

I love these happy flowers - such a cute, cute card!!!!

Maureen Morton said...

Seriously?? This beauty in 90 minutes? This is a graphic masterpiece - the elements just pop. Love the mix of patterns and that little butterfly trail....all framed and ready to go. Great design, Lin!

Karen Dunbrook said...

just a delightful card Lin....

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous Lin, absolutely love it.

Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.

luv

Debby