Saturday, November 2, 2013

The latest Hero Arts Flickr Scramble.....

.......was this afternoon, hosted by Betty, and her theme today was snowflakes, a favorite theme of mine too!  She asked us to use the color blue along with any neutral, and make it into a tag.  Talk about good timing!  I just received this morning a package from Simon Says Stamp which included this BIG woodblock snowflake by Hero Arts called Dazzling Snowflake.  So I was only too happy to join the scramble; here is what I made:


This baby is big!  It measures almost 4 1/2" across!  Doesn't it look like a big lacy doily?  I started by white embossing it on my tag, then sponging on faded jeans, chipped sapphire, and a little salty ocean distress inks.  Then I overstamped some smaller snowflakes from various Hero Arts clear sets in faded jeans.  I added this pretty pearl brad that was given to me by Sue Czosek years ago, I think, and die-cut the "joy" and small snowflake from my Wplus9 Seasonal Sentiments die set, sponging the snowflake in the same blues I used for the background.  And I added some white seam binding to finish.

If you're a snowflake lover, too, hop on over to the Hero Arts Flickr group discussion topic and see the beauties that resulted from Betty's challenge today!

22 comments:

adele holcomb said...

This is SO pretty, Lin!

Cat Craig said...

Love this, its bin pinned. It is delicately beautiful.

Brenda said...

Exquisite Lin and in your fav colour too! Love, love that huge snowflake and the brad was the perfect touch!

Kath Stewart said...

wow Lin from one snowflake lover to another...this is stunning with a capital S...have a great weekend...hugs kath xxx

Dawn T said...

I missed the scramble but now I'm feasting my eyes on some incredible work. I LOVE this one Lin. The snowflake does look like a doily. It really is stunning.

CinnamonSally said...

Wow Lin this is a gorgeous tag, I love that large snowflake against the blue background, so pretty!!

Ruth S, justsomestuffimade.com said...

Wow! Gorgeous tag Lin - that snowflake stamp is heavenly, and looking wonderful with yuor sponging!! Rx

Lisa Elton said...

What a gorgeous snowflake! This is a beautiful tag Lin!!

jintyoo7 said...

Perfect challenge for you, Lin :D
What a beauty - the detail on the snowflake is........ "dazzling"? - LOL

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

This is gorgeous!

Pam W Merwin said...

Beautiful, Lin!

judkajudi said...

I totally forgot about the Scramble; bummer! But this tag is a beauty!

Hanneke said...

What a gorgeous tag! I love the gorgeous intricate stamp with that brad in the centre. Hugs, Hanneke

Linda said...

What a gorgeous tag, Lin! I love how you mixed the big and little snowflakes.

cm said...

Oh my goodness, Lin - your tag is stunning! A beautiful piece of art, indeed! Love the snowflakes! Thank you for your warm comment on my blog; a visit to thank you has brought me to a most wonderful place! Off to gaze and admire...
c

Robin K. said...

This is one gorgeous tag Lin!

Greta said...

Came to take another look--loved your tag when I saw it in the scramble! The snowflake for the "O" is such a great touch!

LindaS said...

It's beautiful. Live the blue colors and snowflake.

Marlena M. said...

This is a work of art, Lin!

Bonnie said...

WOW! This is a gorgeous snowflake and you've used it beautifully on this tag! My shopping list just grows and grows!

Godelieve said...

Oh wow!! Gorgeous!!

Bonnie said...

I loved this tag so much that I immediately ordered this snowflake stamp. I posted a card I made with it, inspired by this beautiful tag, on Merry Monday today. Thanks for so much inspiration, not only with this post, but many others.