Tuesday, July 8, 2014

My Sunshine

There's a new challenge blog called The Cutting Edge, which will feature die-cutting,  and I made a card today for it.  We're to create a card inspired by this one by Karolyn Loncon:

TCEC_2

I was inspired by the watercoloring and the touches of black, and here's what I did:


supplies: Simon Says Stamp Partial Cut Flowers die, Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils, black enamel dots, Hero Arts Heyday Sentiments

I simply scribbled 3 colors across my panel, then wet a paint brush and blended the scribbles.  When it was dry I made my die-cuts, then added the enamel dots and framed it up with black.  

And since the current challenge at Virginia's View is also to use die-cutting, I'm entering this in her challenge also.


Thanks for your visit today!

17 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Lin this is so pretty, love the Inktense and that die is on my wish list!

Sue McRae said...

Another fantabulous card with the SSS dies. Love the vivid Inktense colours.

Lisa said...

Magnificent... It turned out so pretty. The bright colors and the black, look great together! Love the die, too.
Hugs,
Lisa
+-CRe8n4u

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful take on the challenge photo. You are rockin' this die Lin.

Brenda said...

Super cool idea Lin and the added black is very striking!

CinnamonSally said...

WOW such a pretty card Lin, I love the colours, that really looks like a great die. I will have to add it to my list!!

Virginia L. said...

Bright and beautiful, Lin! this card shouts "HAPPY"!! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View challenge!

Robin K. said...

Love how those touches of black make the colors pop!!!

Anonymous said...

This is FABULOUS!!!! I love those colors - and the dies are perfect! Hope you're having a great week Lin! :-)

Cindy C. said...

Stunning card Lin!!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Amazing!

Dawn T said...

Stunning Lin. Very innovative take on the inspiration card.

Meg said...

This is fantastic! I love the striking simplicity!

Vanessa said...

Love your card, Lin! Beautiful!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

That's so cool! I love how you were inspired by Karolyn's card. I did not know about this new challenge. Thanks for sharing it with us!

melania deasy said...

Hi Lyn :) Your card so pretty!! The colors made me happy and the die cut is just perfect!! Thank you so much for playing along on The Cutting Edge Challenge :)