Sunday, March 8, 2015

Just a Quick Note

When I saw that the challenge over at the City Crafter Challenge was to use Washi Tape, I was all in!


As with most trends, it took me awhile to embrace washi tape, but once I saw all the wonderful patterns that there are, I jumped right in and have loved it ever since!  I had lots of fun playing with the sampling of washis that I brought here to Florida with me for this card!


supplies: various washi tapes, Wplus9 hello die, Avery Elle sentiment, soft granite ink, MFTBlueprints 20 cross-stitch die, Simon surf blue cardstock, flower sequins 

I love the little detail I got with the addition of the cross-stitch die - hope you like it, too!

17 comments:

Je@net said...

What a beautiful card, Lin. Just love the soft colors and the cross stich. Great idea!

Kara said...

Very sweet!

Dotty Jo said...

So pretty! Even now I can't say I've completely embraced Washi but I always love what everyone else is able to do with it, Jo x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a fun mix of washi tapes, Lin! Just love your design!

Darnell said...

This is a beautiful design showing how to effectively use Washi tape on a beautiful card! Your lovely card has a wonderful beachy Florida feel to it, or was that just the power of suggestion?! Thank you so much for joining the City Crafter challenge! I'll have to leave it to the Team ladies to answer your question, Lin. Have a great day! Hugs, Darnell

Ruby Craft said...

Beautiful Card Lin. Love these colors together. I suggest emailing City Crafter gals directly with your question. Good Luck!

Lisa Elton said...

I love what you've done with this pretty mix of Washi, cute card Lin!!

Dawn T said...

well done Lin. Lovely washi tape

Samra said...

Awwww, I love this card!!! Love the colors and your take on our challenge. Thank you for joining us at CCCB this week!
Samra DT

jintyoo7 said...

Washi tape + You = gorgeous cards :-)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Love those bright, cheery washi tape, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

Bev wilkinson said...

Youve inspired me to crack open some washi that Ive had sitting around! Very pretty card!

Stella said...

Lin this is right up my alleye. I love these colors and patterns and your card is a gem. A goreous card with a wonderful design. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB this week! So glad you could join us!

Happy Dance said...

Really pretty. Love the vertical placement of your sentiment. Sweet little sequin flowers and perfect washi. Love this. Bev

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is fabulous!!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Darnell said...

Popping back to congratulate on the win at CCCB, Lin!! Hugs, Darnell

Samra said...

Big congrats on your win!!! So well deserved:)