Wednesday, March 10, 2010

FINALLY!!! A day at the beach

After being here almost 2 months, we finally got to spend our first day at the beach! Just thought I'd share some pictures from today and send along some sunshine to those of you who are craving it.
Always fun to see the natives.

Today we went to the beach at Boca Grande; this is the old lighthouse there.


We are along the Gulf Coast, south of Sarasota and north of Fort Myers, and the beaches have thousands of tiny shells like these, so it's really fun to walk and look for treasures.

This is Denny, fishing from shore......no bites today, but that didn't matter. We enjoyed the warmth, the sun and the beautiful water.

13 comments:

SewSuzySew said...

I'm really envious.... It looks a Fab place!

Lucky you!

Hugs
Suze x

Nancy said...

Wow Lin, Such gorgeous photos. Thanks for sharing them. Looks like a lot of good inspiration around too!

Alice said...

ahhhhh.... this is so nice, Lin! the beautiful ocean views just put me in a good mood! thanks for sharing! =)

Tiffany Ervin said...

Aww...Lin! These photos are super special! Thanks so much for sharing your day with us, I love it! And it looks sooo relaxing and that you had a good time!

Barb said...

Oh, Lin, I needed this sooo much! I'm serious! I can't thank you enough for showing these to us! I stared at each one for a long time! I can just about feel the beautiful sand between my toes and glorious ocean breeze on my face! :)

Jill said...

What a lovely day! Thanks for sharing!

Nancy said...

Thanks for sharing this tiny bit of heaven...you totally lifted my day!

Dawn T said...

Love the photos. Looks like nice weather and a perfect day at the beach - even with no bites!!! I can imagine your USA friends being jealous of the nice weather you have

Virginia L. said...

I'm SO envious.... love all the photos! My fav is the sea shell one! Such beautiful colors!! Thanks for sharing and I so need a dose of beach scene! xoxo

Jacqueline said...

Being in the snow it looks so inviting to just step into the pictures and enjoy a bit of summer warmth! Beautiful photos!

Diana said...

Oh my gosh, these images just made me HAPPY! I love the beach. Thanks for visiting me Lin!

Sanne said...

Oh my Lin. We were at those beaches when we visited Florida - we were so amazed of the sea shells, too. We had to buy an extra suitcase to bring them home - lol
Enjoy your holiday ( I am not at all envious - we have the most wonderful cold rainy wether her in Denmark)

Suzanne C said...

I feel like sitting here at your beach for awhile and pretending we are on spring break visiting you! :) Lovely and thank you for giving us a little sunshine.