Monday, July 29, 2013

Trendy Triangles

Cath has given us another fun challenge at Moxie Fab World, and she calls it Trendy Triangles.  I loved all the examples she showed us and I dived in later the same day and started experimenting.  But I came up with nothing that pleased me.  Until I was browsing on Pinterest and found this quilt, which hit all my buttons, and it was made of TRIANGLES!

modern quilt - Half Moon Modern fabric in aqua, lime and grey.  Made by Ashli Smick


This pin doesn't take me to any blog, but it is identified as being made by Ashli Smick, using Half Moon fabric.  I just loved her colors and the uses of the chevrons and big dotty fabrics.  So I spent an afternoon trying to find some papers from my stash that would recreate this wonderful quilt.  How'd I do?


These papers came from as many different pads as there are patterns here. As I always do, after piecing it together, I ran it through an embossing folder by Darice called Simple Interlock.  And I popped the pieced panel above my card base.  I know there isn't a sentiment on it, but a simple white banner can be added when/if I need one.

I love these kinds of designs, where your brain forms different shapes depending on what your eyes focus on......I can see an Ohio Star block, squares within squares, and pinwheels, just to name a few.

Thanks for visiting today!

31 comments:

Pam W Merwin said...

Always love when you do something with a "quilt" :) This is beautiful!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Amazing! So much like the inspiration quilt!

joy said...

This card is amazing - a great one for the challenge, Lin! It would not be that hard to actually sew this quilt together, once you figured out the fabric placement. My girlfriend has a wonderful design wall to play with placement of squares, etc. that works really great.

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Love your quilt cards Lin!

Linda said...

As a quilter and cardmaker. I say this is perfect!

Lisa Elton said...

SPECTACULAR card Lin, I see a WINNER here!!!

Pam from Maine said...

You did GREAT matching the colors. What a wonderful card. I just love it.

Kara said...

you did awesome! just prefect! beautiful colors too!

Trinh said...

Your quilt cards are always stunners, Lin! I love the fresh colors and mix of patterns on this one. Beautiful!

Jackie said...

You nailed it! Your card is prettier than the quilt.

Maureen Chandler said...

WOW! Your card matches the quilt beautifully! I love how you made your design and I am off to look at my stash of papers! Thanks so much!

Dotty Jo said...

Oh Lin, this is breathtaking! Jo x

chiyo smith said...

Hi Lin,

You did crazy GOOD! I would have pinned that quilt myself. The colors, the patterns & shapes are so wonderful together. And you found the perfect papers. That lime green, light aqua & soft gray delightful!

Blessings,
chiyo

Helen L said...

Lin, I haven't commented in awhile, but this one just got me! I love quilts, and your card is just so beautiful!! You are a great card designer!! lovely work!! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

Kathy Mc said...

Lin, your card is just stunning and resembles the quilt to a T. Love the colors and patterns you selected from your stash of paper pads. WOW!

Michelle said...

Wow! This is fabulous, Lin!!! Love the color palette too!

adele holcomb said...

This is so beautiful -- the embossing is the perfect finish.

Brenda said...

Lin, if I saw this card somewhere out there in the Universe I would know instantaneously that it was made by you! It has your beautiful signature all over it! Stunning!

Paula Pascual said...

Brilliant adaptation of the theme. Very clever and beautiful.

Deb Walker Deb Stamps Life, LLC said...

You've inspired me Lin! I need to do a quilt series now!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lin! Thanks for linking this up to the Trendy Triangles challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Whoaaaaaaaaa! Whoa! Lin, this is seriously fabulous; no wonder you got a mention at MFW! Congratulations. :)

Chriss Blagrave said...

Absolutely stunning Lin! Wonderful take on the challenge and perfectly executed from your inspirational piece. Congrats on this beautiful creation!

Jacquie Southas said...

Just stunning - congrats on the shout-out from Cath!

Angie C. D. said...

This is a gorgeous card! Congrats on your Moxie Mention.

Virginia L. said...

Yay, congrats on the MF shout out! You sure rock this challenge, big sis!

Marlena M. said...

This is GORGEOUS Lin~congrats!

maria f. said...

Quiltgrats on your mention at MFW - so worthy.

Bethany said...

Wow! I can't believe how much your card looks like the Quilt in the picture, your papers are so close to the fabric. I love quilt cards :)

Unknown said...

this is awesome!!! your card is sooo much like that quilt!! great job!!

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats to you on your Moxie Mention, Lin! Your card is absolutely stunning!!!