Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Craft's Meow October Release Preview Day 4: Holiday Poinsettia and Inside Christmas

The Craft's Meow

Welcome back to our final day of previews for our October release stamp sets at The Craft's Meow!  Today we are showcasing you TWO of our newest sets!  

This first one is designed by Nina B, and she calls it Holiday Poinsettia.  It has a gorgeous main image, with 6 different choices for sentiments.  Here's what I made with it:


I thought this gorgeous flower was perfect for paper-piecing, so I found some subtle tone-on-tone papers for my flower and leaves, and pieced them to my ivory background, adding some gold pearls to the flower center.  After adding my sentiment, I framed my panel with some bias-striped dp and then mounted it to my red card base.

Our 2nd set today is called Inside Christmas, and it was designed by Karen Baker to be used on the inside of our Christmas cards.   But, as you can see, it works just as nicely on the front, too.


I paired 2 of Karen's sentiments with this beautiful hand-made flower that was a gift from a treasured friend, along with a Cuttlebug Floral Oval die, a Darice embossing folder on the card base, Ranger silver super fine detail embossing powder and silver pearls.  Inside Christmas is our free set with a $60.00 purchase this month. 

Please visit The Craft's Meow Blog to see the cards that my talented teamies have made with these 2 newest sets.  While you're there, don't forget to leave a comment by 8:00 PM PDT tonight, and Lisa will draw 2 names, each of whom will win 1 of these sets!  The winners will be announced tomorrow as we unveil our new sets and begin our traditional Blog Hop!  See you then!

13 comments:

joy said...

Love the white on white!

LindaS said...

Beautiful cards and flowers.

Sabrina said...

Oh wow...Such stunning and magnificent and exquisite cards!!!

Pam W Merwin said...

Oh My Goodness - Love both of these!

Cindy C. said...

Both so lovely, but I think I love the second one a little bit more!

Brenda said...

How absolutely gorgeous Lin! Such total difference between the two cards and both so utterly awesome!

Theresa's Studio said...

Both cards are beautiful with different forms of poinsettia, my fave holiday flower. Love them both, Lin.

sheila said...

These are both stunning Lin! I love what you have done. The white on white is just gorgeous but the traditional Christmas card is absolute perfection.

Lisa Elton said...

What a beautiful poinsettia, love this card Lin! And oh my goodness your second card is simply STUNNING!!

Lagene said...

Gorgeous cards, I especially loved the white card with the fabric flower!

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! Loving your amazing cards for today!! Such elegant designs!!

quilt4fun2 said...

I really like the design of your Poinsettia card. Adding the striped strips makes everything pop. I love the beauty of the white and silver card. The embossing and die cut with the beautiful hand made flower are so elegant. Beautiful job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Dawn T said...

fabulous Lin. Your second card is great~ love the white on white look. And the poinsettia is stunning.