Saturday, September 30, 2017

Simon's October Card Kit: Brushstroke Messages

We've been on our annual September getaway these last few weeks, and returned to find my Simon Says Stamp Card Kit for October waiting for me!  It's always hard to get started creating after a layoff, so I decided to dive right in using this kit.  Here's my first card using it:


supplies: Simon's Brushstroke Messages Card Kit for October, which included Soft Navy cardstock, My Mind's Eye Blush paper pad, Simon's Spiral Flower die, Brushstroke Messages clear stamps, Simon's Steel Navy embossing powder

I used one of the foiled patterned papers for my background, and stamped the sentiment with Versamark and the new Steel Navy embossing powder.  I die-cut 3 of the Spiral Flowers from pink, white, and navy and mixed and matched the frame and inner parts of them, and added some leaves fussy-cut from another of the patterned papers.  Then the panel was added to a Soft Navy card base.  Everything was in the kit except the center dots of my flowers.

It looks like the kit sold out, but I've listed as many of the elements that I could up there under supplies.  Here's what the kit looks like - it has some beautiful My Mind's Eye foiled copper patterned papers, and a fabulous new stamp set that includes lots of brush strokes!  Can't wait to play with them next!

October 2017 Card Kit

5 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your trio of flowers on the foiled paper, Lin! Glad you're home safe from your getaway - can't wait to see what you create next!!

Cat Craig said...

OH WOW, this is a stunner Lin. Love every little touch you put on it.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, this is marvelous!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a dramatic and beautiful card Linn - love how you have used the background papers, and mixed and matched the flower parts to give this wonderful result
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Stunning Lin