Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Simon Says....... Floral Frenzy

wed-newchallenge-header

Happy Wednesday!  Welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!


Our challenge this week is "Floral Frenzy" and the team is showcasing Altenew goodies - Altenew has become my go-to company for beautiful flowers in both stamps and dies!  So I made one card using primarily dies, and another with stamps.


supplies: white and black card stock, Altenew Rose Flurries and Creative Edges Lace dies and sentiment from Sewn with Love, pink and green paint chips, VersaMark ink and white embossing powder

I cut my flowers and leaves, assembled them, then moved them around on a white card panel until I liked the arrangement.  I then took a picture of it before I started attaching everything to my panel, referring back to the picture for placement.  I didn't save much room for a sentiment, but this teensy one fit in nicely!

Here's a card that is made from a color-layering stamp set and its matching dies.



supplies: white card stock, Altenew Flower Arrangement stamps and matching dies, Altenew Tea Party, Warm & Cozy, Sweet Dreams and Tropical Forest mini ink sets and Warm Sunshine for flower centers, aqua pearls

When I found out that we'd be highlighting Altenew this week, I was delighted to be able to pick out a new stamp set, but since there are so many that I would love to have, it was a difficult decision; I decided on this one because it had 2 great large sentiments included with the lovely layered flowers and leaves.  For that same reason I also chose the matching die-set also, mainly for those sentiments.

Now it's your turn!  Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher

50dollar_voucher_600px

to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!

15 comments:

Tracy Freeman said...

Two stunning cards Lin.
That first one is wow !! X

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lin! both are absolutely STUNNING!!! I love the die cut roses, how beautiful are they! and your stamped ones are so pretty too, Very very lovely :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Virginia L. said...

Wow wow wow! Love your floral arrangement on both cards! You are telling Spring to hurry up!! :) It's always a delight to see your creations, Lin! It's so fun to be alongside with you on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge team! Thank you!

Cat Craig said...

GOregeous arrangements on both cards. I have both those sets and its definitely time to play with them.

Lisa Elton said...

A pair of floral loveliness Lin! I especially like the second one, wonderful colors!

Dawn T said...

Totally stunning Lin. Altenew is one of my favourite companies for floral stamps and dies. I was lucky enough to win two vouchers in the past couple of months, so new stamps - one of which is some lovely florals. Can't wait to play along

Virginia P FL said...

Wow I loved the pink rose card using Altenew's die but when I scrolled further and saw the Flower Arrangement card. I can only say double Wow!! I love the colors that you used. Just beautiful.. Altenew has some really beautiful flower stamps and dies! Thanks for inspiration.....

Unknown said...

I too use paint chips, especially the Altenew Fantasy Floral dies. I have a hard time finding the right pinks, especially the darkest pink. May I ask where you get yours? I get mine at Home Depot and Lowe's.

Stephanie said...

Two stunning samples, Lin! Love the layered colors!! WOW!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp

Lin said...

That's exactly where I got mine, too, Carol. I especially love the really large ones of just 1 color! Sorry, but I couldn't tell you where my pinks came from specifically. But it is nice that the ones with 3, 4, or 5 colors are shaded so nicely!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties, Lin - especially love the layers of roses with the gorgeous border!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What lovely cards Lin, and great use of the paint chips. Love the set you chose to work with!
Blessings
Maxine

Lisa said...

Wow! Both are gorgeous! I had not seen those rose Dies. LOVE!! Love the colors on the second. Wonderful cards!

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful! Your first card looks like a puzzle that you carefully put together!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

These are both gorgeous, Lin. I especially love the first one though with the softness you've achieved by using that lace edge. Beautiful work as always!