Friday, January 4, 2019

Spellbinder's January Small Die of the Month: First Crush

I was privileged to receive the Small Die of the Month for January 2019.  For anyone who remembers paper dolls, you are going to adore this sweet set - they have thought of everything!  Here's what I made with just the girl (there's a boy, too!).


supplies: white card base, kraft, slate, and cream card, dps from Doodlebug and Moda Scraps (sky), Spellbinders Small Die of the Month for January

She turned out about 4 1/2" tall and extending the balloon above her, I made my card just shy of 7" long by 4 1/2" wide.  You have a choice of hairstyles for her - I thought these pigtails were cute, but there are also braids.  See the embossed details?  She even has shoes and socks!  The heart balloon and string are part of the set also - I found a little sentiment that fit inside, but you could add your sentiment down below, too.  You can position the arms anywhere you'd like - if you make more than one doll, they could be holding hands.

I hope you'll give this set a try - it's available only this month, while supplies last.  You can see lots more examples and more parts of this set HERE.  Thanks, Team Spellbinders, for allowing me to play with it!

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Super cute Lin!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Lin this is beautiful, and takes me way back to the days of paper dolls, where you could 'dress' them using clothes with tags on.... is that showing my age too much???
Blessings
Maxine