Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Simon Says.........Stars/Stripes

Happy Wednesday - welcome to our challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

wed-newchallenge-header



Our theme this week is Stars and/or Stripes and we're highlighting My Favorite Things goodies.  I chose their Peek-a-boo Star die and made a shaker card for the 4th of July!


supplies: ivory cardstock, scrap of acetate for window, dps from (retired) BoBunny Anthem Collection, Hero Arts Celebrate Everyday sentiment, Altenew Azurite ink, MFT Stitched Star Peek-a-Boo Window die, gold and silver sequins, adhesive foam strips, red gem stars

After affixing my striped panel to my card base, I cut a panel from the starry paper, die-cut the star from it, and then, using skinny foam strips, made it into a shaker full of silver and gold sequins.

I'm sorry that these design papers are no longer available - they are perfect for what I wanted to do with the star die.  AND it appears that my star die has retired!  THIS ONE should work just as well.

Now it's your turn!  We have a $50.00 gift certificate 

50dollar_voucher_600px

to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!  I can't wait to see what you all make this week!

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun design Lin, this is terrific! Happy 4th!

Cat Craig said...

perfect patriotic shaker!

Lorraine A said...

Fabulously patriotic card Lin :-) the stars and stripes papers are perfect and I love the shaker, totally gorgeous :-)

Happy 4th July! Hope you have a great week!
luv
Lols x x x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous star shaker, Lin! Perfect with the striped paper behind!!

Dawn T said...

Very patriotic. Happy 4th Lin.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Lin!
Blessings
Maxine