I also pulled out yellow/gold buttons from my stash and a little PTI daisy die, long retired, to surround the buttons,
I used some adhesive foam strips to separate the layers of each flower, then inserted wire through my button and down through the layers, leaving about 6" of wire, which was then wrapped with floral tape. I pulled all the petals upward, held them tightly in a bud, and then let them relax. I added a single leaf to each flower, securing it to the flower with glue dots.
Once I had done the first couple of flowers, the process got easier, and it took me just an afternoon to get these 7 flowers completed. In case you're wondering about size, these came out at just under 3" in diameter, without the leaves.
Because these are something a bit out of the ordinary for me, I'd like to enter my bouquet into my friend Virginia's Show & Share for July.
These are addictive - I'll be making more of them. Hope you enjoy these, and maybe think about making a bouquet for yourself! Thanks for stopping by!