Thursday, July 11, 2019

Some Paper Flowers

Today I decided to make a little bouquet of Tammy's Beautiful Succulents.   I chose cardstock in summery colors: 2 corals, 2 yellows/golds, 2 oranges, and a cream, then cut out 1 of each of the 4 sizes of the succulent dies.  The leaves are from another of Tammy's sets, called Posey Flowers 4.


I also pulled out yellow/gold buttons from my stash and a little PTI daisy die, long retired, to surround the buttons, 


I used some adhesive foam strips to separate the layers of each flower, then inserted wire through my button and down through the layers, leaving about 6" of wire, which was then wrapped with floral tape.  I pulled all the petals upward, held them tightly in a bud, and then let them relax.  I added a single leaf to each flower, securing it to the flower with glue dots.


Once I had done the first couple of flowers, the process got easier, and it took me just an afternoon to get these 7 flowers completed.  In case you're wondering about size, these came out at just under 3" in diameter, without the leaves.


Because these are something a bit out of the ordinary for me, I'd like to enter my bouquet into my friend Virginia's Show & Share for July.


These are addictive - I'll be making more of them.  Hope you enjoy these, and maybe think about making a bouquet for yourself!  Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Love these Lin! I haven't made any paper flowers for ages, these look fantastic in your blue vase. Love the button centres too, Cathy x

Cat Craig said...

fantastic blooms Lin. Love the bouquet in the blue bottle.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Lin, these are so gorgeous - love your colours, and they are such a lovely soft shape.
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Adorable flowers Lin. They looks amazing in the blue jar

Virginia L. said...

You, my friend, are the Queen of flowers! Love love the paper flower project! So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL!