Friday, November 22, 2019

All is Calm

I thought this lovely Pine Frame die would be a nice addition to my goodies, and it just arrived a few days ago.   Today I mixed it with some older supplies and made 2 cards.


supplies: white and Sea Glass cardstock, Wplus9 Pine Frame cover die, a stitched oval die, Stampendous (retired) Snowy Postcard cling stamp, evergreen bough and pine needles distress oxide inks, tumbled glass distress ink, Lipstick Red ink, blending brushes,sentiment from Mark's Finest Papers (retired) All is Calm, adhesive foam squares

For this card, I decided to use an old favorite Christmas scene in the center. I stamped it, then trimmed out an oval that fit nicely inside this cover die, sponged on some tumbled glass in the sky area and stamped my sentiment.   After sponging the pine frame with distress inks, I splattered some white diluted paint across the surface as "snow", then adhered the oval die to the center.   And I popped the frame above my card base for a little shadow interest.

Next, I used a larger sentiment and some dies in the center of my card.  The pine sprig dies are also a part of the frame set, a nice little extra.


supplies: white, Audrey Blue, Peacock Teal, and Schoolhouse Red cardstock, Wplus9 Pine Frame cover die and pine branches dies, Memory Box (retired) Perched Bird die, sentiment from Penny Black Season's Wishes clear stamps, Lipstick Red ink

It's nice that this frame die can be used vertically or horizontally, and all throughout the year, not just for the holidays.  

As always, thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

An absolutely beautiful frame for your pretty christmas designs!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the pops of red and that pretty pine frame! These are marvelous Lin!

Dawn T said...

that is a beautiful frame Lin and it great to see two quite different looks with it.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards with that pine frame. The snowy scene on the first card and the splatters look perfect. TFS