Monday, January 4, 2021

A Slimline Card

 Today I have another birthday card, but made using stencils!


supplies: white, yellow, pink, and Doll Pink cardstock, Pinkfresh Studio Floral Notes layering stencils, Altenew Baby Pink, Fushsia, Maple Yellow, and Lime inks, blending brush, Simon's Sending Smiles dieyellow enamel dots

I was so excited to see these layering stencils come on the scene!  These ones are made for a slimline card, so I used it that way this first time, but I think that just parts of this floral spray could be used just as nicely for a regular-sized card, too.  This is done in 3 parts, the large florals, the leaves, and then the smaller florals. After adding my color, I once again embossed the panel with the large floral stencil attached,  before framing it up and adding my sentiment and enamel dots.  

Here's a closer look.


PinkFresh has more of these stencils, and they are on my list!  For someone who is coloring-challenged, these are perfect!

5 comments:

Shelly said...

So bright and pretty!

Dawn T said...

Very pretty Lin. Slimline cards are fun to do.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love it. These look like great stencils and a great technique.

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Lin - the embossing with the stencil adds just so much to it
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning slimline, Lin - just love how you used the layering stencils and the big enamel dots add the perfect touches!!