Saturday, October 3, 2026

World Card Making Day!

 It's the 20th Anniversary of World Card Making Day!  It was created to kick-start the Holiday card making season.  I don't think I've done them all, but this has always been a fun day of creativity, and I wanted to join in the fun today.  I pulled out some dies from Tim Holtz that I got last year, I think, and here's what I came up with.


supplies: dark teal and dark plum pink cardstock, rose and teal metallic kraft cardstock, Spellbinders Holiday Flurry embossing folder, Vault Seasonal Sketch and Christmas Ribbon dies, enamel dots

The embossing folder is one from a monthly kit from Spellbinders last year, containing snowflakes, pine sprigs, and holly branches, small enough to make a nice background.  I used regular cardstock for the poinsettia and holly bases and Tim's foiled kraft cardstock for the detail layers, securing the top layer only in the flower centers and at the top of the leaves, so I could pull the foiled layer up for dimension.  The sentiment was fussy-cut from the smallest of the Christmas Ribbon set, and then I just added some enamel dots in groups of 3s.

The foil parts add a nice festive feel!  

Are you playing along today?

No comments: