Saturday, November 21, 2009

Winter peace



Working on my Christmas cards - I have to make about 60 or so this year, using a variety of designs, so I try to do something every day. I love a winter's day when it's softly snowing, and the cardinals around our feeder are such a brilliant red. The bird image here is digital - from HERO ARTS SKYLAND BIRDS, which you can find at Two Peas.
I enlarged the image, changed the color to all black, and printed it out on red paper, then cut out the birds. The Big Pine Bough, the snowflakes, and the sentiment are all Hero Arts stamps. I punched out 2 snowflakes and glittered them as a final addition. The pine boughs are also glittered. If you click on my card, the glitter shows up better in the closeup.

10 comments:

Sanne said...

What a cute winter scene Lin!

Virginia L. said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love the cardinals on the branch! Aamzing wintery scene! Love this, Lin! You are going to be super busy! 60 some cards!!? Wow!

Mabel said...

Looks fab!!! great colors in your card!!

Nancy said...

This reminds of a card you made last year using old Christmas cards, you added little red birds. I thought that was the most charming and clever thing I'd ever seen. This card has the same charm and warmth, I love it!

Alice said...

wow! this is fabulous Lin!!!!!!! LOVE those red birds and the overall composition!! gorgeous card!

Suzanne C said...

This is so lovely and serene. I feel like I am sitting at your kitchen table looking out on a beautiful winter scene.

Kathy (krolski) said...

This is just beautiful! Love the winter scene and the glitter. Wow, 60 cards! You go girl! :)

Tracey said...

WoW!!! Lin those birds look fabulous!!! LOVE this one!!!

Jill said...

Lin! THis hybrid card is GORGEOUS! I love the pines with the red birds and snowflakes! WOW!

stampingandstitching said...

Oh Lin this is gorgeous. I love the beautiful sparkly background you have created and the red birds look wonderful against it.

Heather Maria