The Shabby Tea Room this week. I just received some new Hero Arts stamps this morning, and the first one I couldn't wait to ink up was the new Music Background cling......it does NOT disappoint! With a little bit of distressing, doesn't it look just like an old piece of music paper? After I'd stamped that and ripped the edges, I started looking around for an older stamp......I decided on this Watercolor Rose. I added some subtle handwriting and more distressing to the edges. And then I found this old piece of lace, which I believe was a scrap left from the curtains I made for our new dining room back in 1985. I rubbed some Palette Burnt Umber ink on it to make it look older. The other brand new thing I added was this pink gingham ribbon, which helped to pull the pink from the rose; it also came this morning in the mail from Really Reasonable Ribbon, my winnings from a challenge I entered last week.
The effect I was going for was an old-fashioned Valentine; I'm pleased with the way this turned out.
Supplies: pink, parchment, kraft cardstocks, Versafine onyx black, Pallette Burnt Umber, Hero Arts bright pink cube ink, green marker, Hero Arts CG222 Music Background, H3806 Watercolor Rose, LP123 Artistic Windows, CL181 SparkleClear Messages, scrap of lace, bright pink gingham micro ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon, twine, Heidi Grace heart stick pins