Sunday, September 23, 2012

Autumn Blessings

Happy Autumn!  It's no secret to my regulars that I adore this season: the smell of woodsmoke, crisp blue skies, pumpkins, cider, doughnuts, football and soccer games.........and the beautiful colors of our changing maple trees.  A couple of things coincided this week that inspired this card.  I got an order from Simon Says Stamp that included a beautiful set of clear leaf stamps and some gorgeous BoBunny paper pads in the colors of the season.  And a few days ago my October CARDS magazine arrived and I saw a card there by Tonya Dirk that immediately spoke to me.  I thought these banners would be a great way to show off all the beautiful paper patterns.   Here's what resulted:


supplies: cream cardstock as card base, design papers from BoBunny Apple Cider Collection and Very Vintage Double Dot Designs, Just Rite Shabby Chic Autumn Leaves, Hero Arts CL559 Greatest Gift (blessings), The Paper Company Studio Autumn Stamp Kit (autumn), raffia ribbon, orange button

I'd like to enter this into the Play Date Cafe challenge this week.

26 comments:

Ruth S said...

Oh this card is gorgeous - lovely stamping and the perfect way to show off lots of delicious papers! Great job, Rx

~amy~ said...

simply gorgeous! thanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

donna mikasa said...

Beautiful warm colors! I love your paper banners and that Bo Bunny collection!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love the banners!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your fall colored banners and the beautiful leaves, Lin! I love Fall too - my favorite season with the crisp, cool days and warm sunshine.

Cindy C. said...

What a warm cozy card Lin! All those pp looks fabulous!

Theresa's Studio said...

Just beautiful....really shouts AUTUMN!

Nancy K said...

What a feast for the eyes, Lin! Those colors and patterns are so perfect together.

PennyLine said...

Lin, I love this card. Super fun. Great to start the season with this happy cheering card :)

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Lin, such gorgeous rich colours and I love the leaves
hugs Mandy xx

Cathy A said...

Lvely autumnal card Lin.

Cat Craig said...

Lin, such a nice and warm autumn card. Love the embelishment-cluster.

Unknown said...

You're right, Lin! This is a lovely way to showcase those delicious papers! Love your banners!

Jackie said...

I love the colors, this is another awesome card!

Barb said...

Love the way this all came together, Lin! The colors and patterns, along with those leaves and ribbon, make for one gorgeous card!

Unknown said...

stunning! I struggle with layering papers and shapes, and wish I could make cards like this. I'll leave it to the pros like yourself :)

Dawn T said...

Your new banner is lovely Lin. I love the way you added the banners and the colours are stunning

Tiffany said...

Wow this card is truly gorgeous! I love the way you layered the papers and embellishments. I hope banners stay "on trend" for a while because I love this look. TFS!

Pam said...

Gorgeous card! I love the warm, rich fall colors. Those banners are fab.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Bountiful and colorful banners Lin!

Lisa Elton said...

How pretty! Love all of those patterned banners!!

LauraJane:) said...

Makes me think of a HARVEST PARADE!

Angel said...

Love every detail of your card. Your soft subtle background, the pairing of all the wonderful paper patterns, the stamping onto your leaves and what is that fabulous ribbon?

Jocelyn Olson said...

Stunning card, Lin! The stamped leaves, fishtail banners, and the raffia are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

MarcyK924 said...

My NUMBER ONE, all-time favorite card of yours, Lin! You OWN this season! I love everything about this gorgeous card!

Jacqueline said...

Lin, this is absolutely fabulous - what a gorgeous composition!