Monday, April 22, 2013

Simon's April Card Kit

I finally have the fantastic April Card Kit from Simon Says Stamp in my hands and I jumped right in to play with it, making 2 cards.

SSS April Card Kit

I've been seeing more and more "bumble bee" colors lately, so that's the direction I went first.  The only thing not from the kit are the black pearls on the corners of my shield.  

SSS Apr Card Kit

There are some gorgeous floral papers included, but I couldn't quite cut into them yet........I want to gaze at them a bit more :)).  so I used a little flower and a heart that are tiny pieces of the Happy Every Day stamp set included in the kit to make my own floral design paper.   I used 3 of the 4 colors in this Hero Arts ink cube set - they are a perfect match to the design papers!   I framed it with a yellow solid and a striped grey from the Fancy Pants Park Bench papers in the kit, and then mounted it on the aqua cardstock from the kit.  Next I ran my layered panel through a cuttlebug embossing folder, then attached it to my card before adding the MME enamel dots and the little banner with my sentiment (part of the stamp set).

I LOVE these colors and the kits and the stamps included just keep getting better and better each month!  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lin! You're so lucky you received yours already, I have to wait so long for it to get to South Africa. Love what you did with the set, the white heat embossing on black is so striking and I love the soft colours and flowers in your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that isn't actual patterned paper! I love it, Lin! Beautiful stamping! I love these colors too! I won this kit and am waiting for it to arrive - thanks for the inspiration - love both cards! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind comments - they make my day!