Thursday, April 25, 2013

Inspired by Pinterest

Hello!  Today is my monthly post over at The Craft's Meow Blog, and I decided to use a photo that I found on Pinterest to make my card.  Here's the photo, from the Nana Company blog:

handmade linen tea towel with hexagon flower by nanaCompany, T205ppt

Before hexagons were "in", there was a quilt pattern called Grandmother's Flower Garden, and that's where this little flower comes from.  Using several TCM sets, here's the card that it inspired:


All my papers came from the Simple Stories Vintage Bliss collection and I used these TCM sets:


Lark Additions

Hope Blooms

Thanks for visiting today - hope I inspired you in some small way!

10 comments:

judkajudi said...

I love your "quilting" cards, Lin. Such a blend of your two amazing talents!!

Barb said...

I love your hexagon flower, Lin! What a wonderful idea! Beautiful card!

Jingle said...

Lin, this is GORGEOUS!

Jackie said...

That's really pretty! Hexagons are all the rage now, and I like them - I hope they stick around for a while. I like the black layer behind the hexagons, too. It just makes them pop!

sheila said...

love this homey country feel card. I love your take on this inspiration photo. Beautiful job Lin

joy said...

Lovely card - the patterned hexagons are so pretty and I love the leaf stamp you used.

Lisa Carroll said...

This is gorgeous! I love everything I've seen from TCM... must add them to my stash ASAP. Thanks for enabling me! ;)

Dawn T said...

Superb Lin. Love when you take your patchwork skills and added them to a card.

Karen Dunbrook said...

great card....feels like a comfy quilt.

Bonnie said...

Such beautiful colors! It reminds me of a cozy quilt!