Friday, April 26, 2013

More Watercolors

I have always been drawn to watercolors over other forms of painting, and so when Cath announced her latest challenge at Moxie Fab World: The Wonder of Watercolor, I just had to play.  I have 2 cards today.


This pretty flower stamp is a Sparkle N Sprinkle image that came from a sweet friend Judy.  It such a pleasing design that I decided to use it only with a sentiment.  I stamped and heat embossed it to protect the ink from running, then used my yellow and green distress markers with a water pen to color it in.  After it was dry I sponged on some tumbled glass distress ink around it, and then stamped my sentiment, from PTI's Garden Variety set, then mounted on an aqua card base.


This technique is called watercolor stamping; you just paint right onto your stamp (in this case I used water-soluble markers) to color it, then spritz with water before stamping.  I love the effect!  After I was sure it was dry, I then stamped and heat embossed my sentiment, trimmed out the panel, framed it up with a bracket-punched edging and mounted it to my card that had been stamped with the Envelope pattern from Hero Arts.  The flower image is also Hero Arts, Wildflower Garden, and the sentiment is from Impression Obsession "In a Garden".  To finish I added some punched butterflies. 

10 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Wow such pretty and delicate cards Lin, love them both.

Jackie said...

I love the watercolor look. I haven't done any of it in quite some time. I watched Jennifer McGuire's video last week on using Distress markers and now I need some.

joy said...

Your watercolored cards are so nicely done, Lin. Love the blue one, of course.

Dawn T said...

Both are beautiful Lin. I love the real watercolour look of your second card. Just like a painting.

Wee Von said...

Both are beautiful Lynn, but the second really shows the watercolor technique off. TFS

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful cards, Lin - you have definitely mastered this wonderful technique :)

Robin said...

Love both these cards. They are so pretty. Watercolor is such a fun technique. TFS

Brenda said...

Beautiful cards - love the blue one especially. The stamp image for the yellow one is a Sparkle N Sprinkle image :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful....don't you just love the effects you can create...

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lin! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)