Friday, May 8, 2015

Bowl Bouquet

I made this card to play again with my Spectrum Aqua markers, and to enter the Spectrum Noir May challenge: Use Flowers.  I used another Stampendous stamp, this one a wood-block called Bowl Bouquet.


supplies: Stampendous Bowl Bouquet, colored with Spectrum Aqua Markers: sunflower, peach topaz, bud green, moss, slate and kingfisher, watercolor paper, sentiment from Simon's Handwritten Sentiments, dotty dp from Lawn Fawn's Let's Polka pad, yellow and white cardstock

Yellow roses are my favorite kind, and the blues looked so nice with them that I kept the coloring simple here, just adding a little yellow to the centers of the daisies, and a bit of slate for shading.

ETA: I just found the current Power Poppy challenge, which is to fussy-cut your main image.  I find fussy-cutting very relaxing, so this one is right up my alley!

17 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty image this is wonderful Lin!

Cindy C. said...

Sweet bouquet!!

Barb said...

Love yellow and blue together - such a happy combo! Beautiful card, Lin!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous shading on your lovely bouquet, Lin! Just love the flowers coming out of the bowl - looks perfect on the dotted background.

Brenda said...

I love flower cards and this one is gorgeous Lin! Lovely papers and great colouring!

Dawn T said...

stunning Lin. Your colouring is beautiful

Graciellie Design said...

So pretty Lin!!! Thanks for inspiring me today!!! Gracie.

Joy said...

So beautiful Lin, love blue and yellow together, hugs

Becca Cruger said...

Well this is what I call a fresh bouquet of flowers! Absolute gorgeousness! Such cute polka dotted paper and I fully agree with your choice to keep the coloring simple.

Nancy said...

Such a lovely bouquet! Beautiful coloring, Lin! Hope you have a Happy Mother's Day!

katemade designs said...

how beautiful, wonderful coloring.

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card and beautiful flowers.
luv
Debby

Deepti said...

Beautiful coloring and beautiful card!

Leslie Miller said...

Two cards for the Power Poppy challenge! Fabulous! This is so cute! Fresh and fun and cheery. I love it!

Stacy Morgan said...

So cheerful and pretty. I like the image, great colors and so happy feeling. Thanks for playing in the Cut it Out challenge this month.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a beautiful fussy cut image! Love your soft yellow roses with the delicate white daisies!! Thanks for joining our Power & Spark challenge over at Power Poppy!!

CherylQuilts said...

Lin, another beautiful card, and I just love blue and yellow together! Stunning coloring and great DP! Blessings to you too! Hugs!