Saturday, May 23, 2015

Get Sketchy challenge

When I had my Blanket Stitched set out yesterday I didn't want to put it away and decided to play with it one more time, this time paper-piecing the flowers for Joni's first sketch challenge at Wplus9.


supplies: Wplus9's Blanket Stitched Blossoms, papers from Echo Park's Bundle of Joy Girl Dots & Stripes pad and yellow from Lawn Fawn's Let's Polka pad, MFT Stitched Tag die, enamel dots from Doodlebug and Teresa Collins, my own plank background (see Thursday's post this week for how I made it), pink gingham ribbon

These little flowers are so fun to play with; they're just the right size to paper-piece, and I'm very pleased with the way this turned out!  I love my dots, and just had to add a little bit of gingham ribbon to the mix!  Here's Joni's fun sketch.  I'm so glad they're starting up some challenges again over at Wplus9!


And I'll also enter it into The current Card Concept challenge, because of the planking background and the colors I used.  I'd put this into the Clean & Layered Style.



11 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Lin, you are such a knockout designer! This card is tailored to perfection and oh-so-sweet!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your cheery dotted flowers, Lin - they look great on the woodgrain!

Dawn T said...

so pretty Lin. The colours are so delightful. Love the woodgrain background.

Kay Miller said...

This is absolutely adorable! Those little flowers look so quilty and realistically stitched!! The background is fabulous!

laurie said...

Oh I just LOVE this card! The posies and enamel dots are awesome! So cute. Thanks for joining us at The card Concept!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the gingham, love the stitched flowers...love this card!!

Michelle said...

Beautiful card, Lin!

Julie Gearinger said...

Oh, I love your stitched blossoms along with the woodgrain background- just perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept :-)

Karen M said...

I love your beautiful card Lin....all the flowers are so pretty:) xx

Cindy Lovell said...

Oh,what a beautiful card!! Love those stitched flowers,so pretty and beautiful background!
Thank you for joining us at TCC!!

Joni Andaya said...

So Gorgeous Lin! Really love the pastel colors of the Stitched Blossoms you created :)