Sunday, October 16, 2016

Some Halloween cards

I'm not one to do much for Halloween except hand out candy on the day, but, when it comes to grandkids, I make an exception!  I wanted to share the cards I made for our grandsons for Halloween.  Our granddaughter will get THIS one.  My first card today is for our 7-year old.


supplies: purple, bright gold, white, and grey cardstock, Lawn Fawn Happy Haunting and Trick or Treat stamp sets, black and yellow markers to color the house, Memory Box Grove Branch die, circle die for the moon, Hero Arts Magical Background (retired)

And for the youngest munchkin, I did a CASE of Sally Traidman's card:




supplies: white cardstock, Hero Arts (retired) Happy Halloween sentiment stamps, Clearly Besotted (retired) pumpkin set, VersaFine black and Archival Bright Tangelo inks, googly eyes

I masked off the center of my card, and then, using my mini Misti, I first positioned the 3 pumpkins, and then the various sentiments to fill in the space.  The Misti made doing this pretty easy - I was able to line up everything without any drama, even stamping several sentiments at a time!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Becca Cruger said...

Grandkids are ALWAYS worthy of exceptions. :) I'm sure they will get just as much of a kick out of those googly eyed pumpkins as I did! And the spoooooky scene you created in your first card is adorable!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling Halloween cards, Lin - just love your haunted house and the trio of pumpkins with all the sentiments!!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Aw, these are great cards for kids! I am a lot like you, I don't do a whole lot for Halloween but I do like to give out candy and do things for the kids. TFS!

Lisa Elton said...

Cute Halloween cards Lin! I like the purple swirly sky on the first one!!

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Amazing halloween cards! Perfect for the season