Friday, November 18, 2016

Happy Holly Days

If you come here often enough, you'll know that I'm a little obsessed with wreaths.  Usually they are stamped ones, but I had so much fun making this one with dies that I thought I'd do it again for a Christmas card.


supplies: cream, red and green cardstock, music paper dp, Paper Smooches Holly dies, Winnie & Walter Take a Bow dies, sentiment from retired CAS-ual Fridays Merry Kiss-mas stamp set, Hero Arts Red Royal ink, adhesive foam squares

As I did on the fall card I mentioned, I die-cut a doughnut using circle dies to use as my base, then glued on my holly leaves, then the berries and the bow.  This was raised above the card, then I added my sentiment strip.

Hope your weekend will be productive!  We are in the midst of leaf-raking here!  Here's a picture of a maple tree, one of 2 in our front yard.....they came with our house when we bought it, so I can't tell you what kind of maple it is, but it sure puts on a show at this time of year!  Thought I'd better snatch a picture today - it's breezy and they are coming down!


5 comments:

Cat Craig said...

That donut idea is a great tip for wreath making. This one is so festive and I love all the dimension the die cuts give.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous wreath, Lin - just love the crisp green holly with the red bow! Wow, you still have leaves! Mine are long gone, in fact we had our first snow today!

Lisa Elton said...

Now that's a delightful holly wreath!! The doughnut idea is great, thanks for sharing. This is pretty Lin and so is your oak tree!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Lovely card Lin - the dimension is fabulous. Your maple tree looks stunning!!
Blessings
Maxine

Debbie said...

Great card! Very festive.