Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Simon Says........Christmas Critters


wed-newchallenge-header

Welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Our theme this week is Christmas Critters, and the Design Team are using Stampendous products.  


supplies: Bristol paper, watercolor paper, white glitter cardstock, Stampendous Winter Birds cling stamp, distress inks to watercolor, glue pen, Hero Arts Prisma glitter, Taylored Expressions Winter Flurry embossing folder and salty ocean distress ink, Tim Holtz Holiday Words: Script dies, adhesive foam squares

I stamped my birds, watercolored them with distress inks and water, then cut them out.  Then I used a glue pen to make my glitter stick to the snowy parts of the image.  Next I smeared salty ocean ink over one side of my embossing folder, spritzed it lightly with water, inserted some watercolor paper, and then embossed it as usual.  While everything was drying I cut out my sentiment from white glitter cardstock.  

Now it's your turn - I can't wait to see what you create!  Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher

50dollar_voucher_600px

to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!


11 comments:

Tracy Freeman said...

Lin this is adorable, they are so sweet and I love the background.
Sending hugs xxx

Sue Smith said...

Lin, I love the snowflake background you created. The soft colors you chose for the birds is beautiful and pleasing to the eye. Thanks for sharing :)

Cat Craig said...

You do birds so well Lin, this is darling!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow really cute Lin, I love the background and those sweet birds.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lin :-) the birds are very cute and I love the background, I rarely use that technique as I generally end up in a mess! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Lin! The little birds are adorable & the background you've created looks fabulous
xxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your sweet singing birdies, Lin! So great on that snowflake background!!

Stephanie said...

Adorable, Lin! Love how you added the shimmer to the snowy branch :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Lisa Elton said...

Wow, what a great snowy background for those cute little birds!! This is terrific Lin!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful Lin - love your background
Blessings
Maxine

CherylQuilts said...

Ah, what sweet and dear winter birds, Lin, and I LOVE the snowflakes and the sweet sentiment! Makes me almost feel the snow falling! Hugs, sweet friend!