Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Simon's April Card Kit

My April Card Kit, Hello Darling, arrived yesterday, and I jumped right in this morning.  Here are 2 simple cards using the supplies in the kit.


supplies from April Card Kit: Ivory and Sea Glass card, Rainboot Planter die, dps from Spring Farmhouse paper pad, and sentiment sticker from Spring Farmhouse sticker sheet, plus my own zig markers and water and a scalloped stitched die

Of course, I had to take these rainboots for a spin; here I cut them first from watercolor paper, and used my markers and water to color the tulips and leaves, then used one of the patterned papers and a bit of Sea Glass card to paper-piece in the details of the boots.  It was a simple thing to do because the die has the details built in.   I even cut the boots apart so that I could run a line of black marker along the edges where they connect in the center, to make the details stand out better on the patterned design.

This next one is really simple, no stamping or coloring - I just used one of the cute images on the reverse of some of the design papers in the pack.  Love this sweet bird on the nest.  It's framed with it's reverse and a text paper from the included ones, and I added a sticker heart from the sticker sheet.



supplies: Dark Chocolate card, patterned papers from Spring Farmhouse and heart sticker from Spring Farmhouse sticker sheet

The large clear stamp set has a lovely variety of sentiments and some florals and leaves - I'll be playing with them next!  Don't wait too long if you're interested in this April Kit - I'm pretty sure it'll be a sell out!  Look at all that's included:


5 comments:

Shelly said...

These are so pretty!

Lisa Elton said...

Cute spring cards Lin!

Dawn T said...

so cute Lin. Great cards.

Cat Craig said...

wonderful spring cards.

CherylQuilts said...

What sweet cards, Lin! Your first card is the sweetest I've seen using this boot with the tulips die! I love how you've paper-piece the boots. Sweet! And I love the the second card with the darling bird and the wonderful background DP. Such sweet DP! I love it all! Hugs! xoxo