Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Simon Says........Use Dies/Punches



Happy Wednesday - welcome to our challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!



This week we want you to use dies or punches in your creations.  The team is playing with Paper Rose products.

I first saw these Ella's Garden Scribble Roses dies when Shari Carroll had a post on the Simon blog showing them off.  I've always loved scribble flowers, and these come in a nice large size, with lots of leaf variations.  They even have a matching stamp set, which I have on my wishlist. I have 3 cards for you today using the dies.


supplies: white, Green Apple, Green Leaf, and 4 blue cardstock, Ella's Garden Scribble Roses dies, sentiment and leafy sprigs from Hero Arts, silver sequins, adhesive foam squares to pop up arrangement

Here I used my favorite shades of blues and just arranged the flowers and leaves to my liking.  All of the dies I used were cut twice, once from white card and once from a color, then inlaid back into the white outlines. 

Next I used only the smaller outline dies and didn't fill them in.  I was lucky to have some old enamel dots in exactly the right colors to act as the center of each flower.  This card is much busier in design.


supplies: white, black, Green Apple, Green Leaf, yellow, Coral Cream, and Roselle cardstock, Ella's Garden Scribble Roses dies, Sunny Studio Eyelet Lace Frilly Frame die, Altenew Fine Frames die, Simon's Big Hugs die, a tiny leafy sprig die, large enamel dots

Can you stand one more, in the same colors as above?  This one shows a 3rd way to use these dies.


supplies: white, black, coral, peach, pale yellow, Green Apple, and Green Leaf cardstock, Paper Rose Ella's Garden Scribble Roses dies, Sunny Studio Frilly Frames Eyelet Lace die, a Tammy Tutterow sentiment, enamel dots to match flowers

This set comes with detailed dies (which I cut in white only), plus large shaped dies (those I cut in the colors).  Using these together, there's no need for inlaying the details like I did on the first card, and therefore makes for a really fast card when you need one!  And these are extra large, so you won't need much else except a sentiment; they fill an A2 card nicely!  

As you may know, the Simon Says Stamp store is accepting new orders, but will have longer shipping times, due to the Covid-19 pandemic.  With this in mind, we have made the difficult decision to suspend our prize gift cards for now.  But we will continue our challenges each week, and we'd love for you to play along with us.  We're all in this together!


5 comments:

Debbie said...

I loved this die when I saw Shari Carroll's original card but resisted. You have just tipped me over the edge. Your cards are beautiful!

Lisa Elton said...

Love that you've shown us three different looks Lin, these wonderful!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the way you have used this set three ways Lin - gorgeous cards, especially the blue roses :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

What beautiful bright and cheerful cards Lin. Just wonderful

Vicki said...

Wow, these cards are all so gorgeous!! I love the frilly frame die and the roses. Beautiful work showcasing them!