Monday, August 17, 2020

Quilted Stencil

 I just received an order from Simon Says Stamp, and one of the things I got was a stencil that I have long had on my wishlist.  Here's my first play with it, and I love it - why did I wait so long?

supplies: eggshell and Lipstick Red cardstock, Quilted stencil, festive berries distress ink, blender brush, retired MFT sentiment, Sunny Studio Eyelet Frilly Frames die, adhesive strip to lift sentiment

The pattern on this stencil is a very close match to a traditional Ohio Star quilt, which is usually done in red and white, so that was my color decision made!  I used distress ink to stencil, and when dry, I embossed the stencil also.  This gives a nice subtle texture when you touch the surface, just like a real quilt!  The panel was trimmed to fit inside this lovely eyelet frame, and then I just popped my sentiment above the card.  

Here's version #2, using lots of fall colors of distress inks.

supplies: cream and Audrey Blue cardstock, Quilted stencil, distress inks, sentiment from Neat & Tangled Hello Fall, Audrey Blue ink, Stitched Rectangle die

I masked around each section and changed inks for each "block".  I always try to bring in some blue when I use these harvest colors. Once again, I embossed the panel before putting my card together. 

Thanks for stopping by - have a great week!

6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two quilted beauties, Lin! Just love both versions - card one with the scalloped frame looks amazing but my fave is card two with the fall colors and blue - gorgeous!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, these are charming Lin, beautifully done!

Dawn T said...

What gorgeous cards Lin. What a great stencil and perfect for you.

Nancy Pinkston said...

Absolutely lovely cards! Which embossing folder did you use on these cards?

JoAnn said...

Two gorgeous cards. Love the quilt stencil. My favorite one is the red & white one, looks like a real quilt. TFS

Lin said...

Nancy, I used the stencil to emboss the cards after stenciling them.