Monday, August 3, 2020

A Note to Say.......

When I saw this new Papertrey Ink bird die pop up at Simon Says Stamp, I swooped in and grabbed it!  Here's my first play with it.


supplies: white, navy, medium blue, green, and kraft cardstock, PTI Feathered Friends 2 die, Wplus9 Tossed Floral Background cover plate, Hand Lettered Hello stamp set and die, (retired) Folk Art Florals leaves die, adhesive foam 

I used colored cardstock for everything with the exception of a little inky shading on the bird's breast.  I love the effect of using a cover-plate as a background and I chose this one because I wanted to give the effect of the bird being in a tree.  After assembling everything, I lifted the background die above my card base for some shadows and dimension. 

We're off to another week - hope it's a good one for you!

5 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable birdie in the flower bush, Lin! Just love how you popped him on the coverplate diecut - love it in white on the white card with the blue sentiment!!

Lisa Elton said...

That is a pretty little bird and I love the background die! This is marvelous Lin!

Dawn T said...

What a perfect die for you Lin. Like it was designed with you in mind. Love the diecut background too. All turned out perfect.

I Card Everyone said...

I think you'll know already how much I love your bird ... and Bluebird on this beautiful background? LOVE it, THIS MUCH!!!
=]

Barbara said...

Sweet bird card.