Friday, August 21, 2020

The Littlest Things

 Recently I was looking at the newest arrivals at the Simon Says Stamp store, and came across this quote from Winnie the Pooh.  I discovered Pooh Bear later than most and have a soft-spot in my heart for all things Pooh!  So of course, this stamp came home to live with me.  Here's my first play with it.

supplies: white, Green Apple, and coral cardstock, vellum, Concord & 9th Blooms Turnabout, Impression Obsession Little Things cling stamp, flower and leaf sprig dies, Doodlebug tiny heart sprinkle

Since this sentiment is on the larger side, I decided I wanted it to be the focal point of my card.  I also remembered this amazing card by Wanda that I had pinned because I loved her choice of colors for the floral background.  So I made my background panel using Wanda's colors.  After all that work, I was hesitant to stamp my sentiment directly onto the panel, so to be safe, I stamped it on vellum, and then wrapped it around the floral.  Then I added a flower and some leaves.

In hindsight, I think I probably could have gotten away with stamping directly over the background - I'll try that next.

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Pooh sure gave you a sweet quote for this darling card!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful card, Lin! Just love the floral background with the sweet sentiment on vellum! The flower cluster in the corner adds the perfect finishing touch!!

Dawn T said...

So pretty Lin. Gorgeous quote. One of my favourite

I Card Everyone said...

Pooh says the sweetest things, Lin. You've given them a beautiful place to live!
=]