Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Candy Cane Christmas

 I got my Simon Says Stamp December Card Kit over the weekend and dove right in!  I have 3 cards for you today.


supplies: white and Lipstick Red cardstock, Candy Cane Heart die set, sentiment and mistletoe from Joyful Season stamp set

I couldn't wait to try the new Candy Cane Heart, and I love how easy it is to play with, and the perfect size, too!  I decided to run with the heart theme and added a sprig of mistletoe to it.  The sentiment ties it all together, I think, and isn't the handwriting beautiful?

The kit also includes a lovely selection of patterned papers, and among them are sheets of 3" x 4" panels.  This one is my favorite, so I simply framed it with 2 of the other papers in the pad, and then added my own little heart button and a tiny bow.  


supplies: white cardstock, green and striped dps from Simple Stories Vintage North Pole, my own heart button and ribbon

My country-style heart loves this card!  There are beautiful velvet ribbons in this kit also, but they are just a bit bulky for such a tiny bow, so I substituted one of my own ribbons.  I also think it would be fun to use the Candy Cane die and some pine sprigs to recreate this little vignette.  That's my next card.


supplies: white, Lipstick Red, Surf Blue, and red glitter cardstock, a patterned paper from Simple Stories Vintage North Pole, Candy Cane Heart die set, Tim Holtz Holiday Greens, sponged with Rustic Wilderness (pines) and Pine Needles (holly leaves), sentiments from Joyful Season and Tiny Words Christmas sets, my own bow die and aqua flower button, white thread, Doodlebug Heart Sprinkle

I die-cut the Candy Cane Heart, then rearranged it a bit.  I used the new mini Rustic Wilderness distress ink to sponge the pine branches and Pine Needles distress ink for the holly leaves.  After  stamping and die-cutting all the elements, I assembled them as best I could to mimic the printed version you saw above, using a bit of red glitter card for my bow.  

Here's the gorgeous kit.  The stamp set is packed with beautiful images and appropriate sentiments for this unique Christmas season, and there's a pack of ephemera which will be fun to play with when I need a fast card! 

6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Three beauties utilizing that kit, Lin!! My fave is card three with all the little touches like the bitty heart diecut and the little button!!

Lisa Elton said...

A trio of prettiness Lin!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful cards Lin. What a great kit!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous cards Lin. What a cute as card that first one is. Lovely idea to make a heart with the candy canes.

Judy Inukai said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks for the great inspiration. I can't wait until my kit arrives.

I Card Everyone said...

These dies are as sweet as can be, Lin! OH my goodness, do I love your darling cards - especially that peppermint heart!
=]