Tuesday, December 1, 2020

It's DieCember!!

It's Simon Says Stamp's annual DieCember release - what a fun assortment of dies!


I received the new Detailed Rose die set, and I have 2 cards for you.


supplies: tan, black, Schoolhouse Red, a burgundy, Green Leaf, and a darker green cardstock, Detailed Rose dies, Sunny Studios Quilted Hearts embossing folder

I used the detail dies to cut the black outlines, then the solid images to fill in with color.  I also pieced in a few more burgundy pieces to add extra depth to the image. This is such a big die that I decided to forego the sentiment on this one, until I use it.  I placed the rose over a background with tiny hearts.  Since it's a red rose, it could be for Valentine's Day!  

Then I decided to make a more elegant card and changed to gold details for my next one, and put it against a gold hot-foiled background on cream.


supplies: metallic gold, cream, Schoolhouse Red, Green Leaf and a darker green cardstock, Detailed Rose dies, Christmas Blessings dies, Spellbinders Essential Glimmer Rectangles and Glimmer Hot Foil machine, gold glimmer hot foil

Since these colors reminded me of Christmas, I used a Blessings sentiment die.

To see the entire release, just click HERE.  And for ideas on how to use the products, visit our gallery HERE.  There will be 2 blog hops, too; tomorrow and Thursday this week!

Thanks for visiting today!

4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties with that rose die, Lin!! Especially love the one with the added burgundy bits!!

Lisa Elton said...

Two lovwly cards Lin, I like the elegance the gold adds to the second one!

Bunny said...

Beautiful cards. [Bunny]

Dawn T said...

these are beautiful Lin. Great die