Saturday, December 12, 2020

Woodland Christmas card

 Another Christmas card today, in the woodland style that I love for the holidays.  Growing up, we lived out in the country, and saw this kind of thing frequently.  My card uses some products that have been retired for years, plus one of Tim's Darling Deer.


supplies: white, kraft, and Schoolhouse Red cardstock, Salty Ocean and Pine Needles distress ink, Hero Arts Red Royal ink, Simon's Falling Snow stencil and modelling paste, (retired) Mark's Finest Papers All is Calm pine tree stamp, Impression Obsession Birch Tree dies (includes birds), (retired) The Craft's Meow sentiment from Christmas Lanterns, Tim Holtz Darling Deer die

I first inked a panel with salty ocean distress ink about 2/3 of the way down, then overstamped my pines.  Next I attached my stencil and added some falling snow.  When that was dry I ripped a panel of white cardstock and attached it to the bottom, then glued on the trees, deer, and birds, and finally stamped my sentiment.  

What's your favorite kind of Christmas card to make?

6 comments:

Diane said...

Love your card and the snow is awesome! I like making scenes for Christmas, they seem to tell a story!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty scene, this is wonderful Lin!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fab scene, Lin, and I love that graceful stag and the artful trees!! Great texture with the snowflakes too!!

Dawn T said...

gorgeous card Lin.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a wonderful scene!

DorothyA said...

So beautiful! Love your colors.