Saturday, September 10, 2022

Thankful Leaves Turnabout

 Today I have 3 cards that all start with the same Turnabout set called Thankful Leaves.  I haven't played with it for ages, and today I thought I'd stamp it with colors I haven't used before.  


supplies: white and a lilac from the Vibrant Violet paper pad, Thankful Leaves Turnabout stamp and a sentiment from the same set, Turnabout Jig, Wplus9 Blossomsberry and Wild Mango, Simon Audrey Blue and Khaki inks, espresso distress ink, embossed in clear, Spellbinders Hemstitch Rectangle die

I love the effect the hemstitch rectangle die adds to a plain card front!  I got this color mix from one of my Pinterest boards.

After stamping the panel for this next card, I cut out a leaf shape and them popped the stamped panel above a solid backing, adding a stamped sentiment inside.  I like this mix of warm and cool colors.


supplies: white and Audrey Blue cardstock, Thankful Leaves Turnabout stamp, Turnabout Jig, sentiment from Harvest Wreath Turnabout set, peacock feathers, carved pumpkin, salvaged patina, and abandoned coral oxide inks, VersaMark ink and white embossing powder, (retired) Neat & Tangled Maple Leaf Thanks die, adhesive foam to pop up stamped panel

And finally, my last card was made with a guy in mind.  The desert storm and kraft helps to tone down the bright colors I used on it.


supplies: kraft and desert storm cardstock, Thankful Leaves Turnabout stamp, Turnabout Jig, peacock feathers, ripe persimmon, mowed lawn, and mustard seed oxide inks, retired Winnie & Walter In a Word: Hello die

Turnabout stamps are some of my favorite things to play with when I'm low on mojo - they practically make themselves, once you've chosen colors!

4 comments:

June from Minnesota said...

BEAUTIFUL color combinations! I love your fall colors, but I'm not sure I want summer to leave just yet. The C&9 turnabout is on my shopping list :)

Lisa Elton said...

You've used such pretty colors for all of your leaves! These are terrific, Lin!

Dawn T said...

Fabulous cards Lin. Great colour combos.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Three gorgeous leaf cards, Lin - especially love the one with the cut out leaf window!!