Here is a Build a Garden set recently released from Altenew that I fell in love with from Jen McGuire's blog. The bundle includes a stamp set with sentiments, a die set, and matching stencils. Here are 2 cards I made with it.
supplies: white cardstock, unknown pre-embossed background from Michelle, Softly Sketched Blooms bundle, Altenew Blushberry Bliss, Jade Dreams and Coffee Break inks, pewter pearls
These colors were inspired by some in the accompanying information in the bundle. They remind me of hydrangeas at this time of year. I used inks that I had to approximate the colors. The sentiment is one of several small ones included in the stamp set.
Next I used an idea that Jennifer showed us, using only the stencils and partially cutting the bottom only of the bouquet.
supplies: white cardstock, Softly Sketched Blooms stencils and die, Altenew Lapis Lazuli and Green Valley inks, an unknown sentiment from my scrap basket, sparkly gems for centers of flowers
As always, Jennifer makes it look easy, but at least this time, I found it a bit difficult to get everything lined up nicely without the stamp to guide me. There are 5 pieces in the stencil set, and several of them have more than one step on them. I'm sure it will get easier as I practice. I do love the results!
I hope you are enjoying the last of summer wherever you are. This week the humidity has disappeared and the temps are much more forgiving. But I'm still looking forward to fall soon!
Thanks for coming by!
No comments:
Post a Comment