Friday, August 31, 2012

Tuesday Trigger, Take Two

As I said yesterday, the Tuesday Trigger this time has my creativity simmering!


This time my eyes focused on the little flowery prints in the hexagons, and I went looking for a little flower stamp.  Once that was colored and trimmed out into a circle and framed with a brown scallop, my "plan" took on a life of its own.  I had originally thought I'd use some gingham and ditzy prints and make different sizes of circles to sprinkle down the card - that just didn't pan out, and instead I cut those same papers into strips and made a little strip-pieced panel, which I then embossed to look like it's been quilted.  I added some lace down the right side, found a sentiment that would fit into what was left of my card base, and here is the result:


supplies; white and brown cardstock, Amuse and various scraps of old dps, Hero Arts CL500 Love Every Day (the flowers from a little vase), CL417 Huge Hugs, Palette Burnt Umber ink, Memento markers, Hobby Lobby lace, Cuttlebug Wicker Weave embossing folder, Ranger Glossy Accents for centers of flowers

13 comments:

Elizabeth Allan said...

Two amazing talents tucked into one card. Love the quilting design paired with your ever creative stamping ideas!

Jacquie Southas said...

Lin - this is just stunning - I hope you enter it in the Asymmetry challenge too!

MarcyK924 said...

SO clever to use the diamond embossing folder!! SO sweet and I love your pretty colored stamping. XO

Maureen Chandler said...

What a darling card! I am thinking of making a card similar to this for my son and daughter-in-law who are expecting twins - a boy and a girl!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Barb said...

If you don't win this challenge I'll be dumbfounded! Another beauty, Lin - just love it!

Pam W Merwin said...

Lin, I saw this on Flickr and the colors and design are so YOU ;) Love the pastels and yes it does give me a feel of "quilting"! Love, Love, Love it!

Virginia L. said...

You are rocking with this challenge, Lin! Beautiful job with your very own signature color palette!

Debbie said...

The touch of lace on this card is perfection :)

Jackie said...

That is one awesome card. It has so much texture and I just love the colors.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful Lin! Love the paper piecing and the added embossing, it's genius and such a wonderful take on the trigger!

donna mikasa said...

Such a clever take on the Trigger, Lin! I love the texture on the quilted panel. The colors are so pretty!

Alice said...

really like the textured patterned paper side panel. lovely card, Lin!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Lin! Thanks again for linking up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)