Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hero Arts and distress markers

Happy Wednesday!!  Can you believe another month has flown by and it's time again for another Anything Goes challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!   The design team is using Hero Arts stamps this week, so I made you two cards, both using distress markers in place of inks, which allowed me to add more detail and colors to my stamps.  Here is my first one:


This one features the Designer Woodgrain background, the Floral Blossoms cling set as the main image, and a clear set called Find Joy for the sentiment.  I used 3 distress markers to color the roses: Mustard Seed, Worn Lipstick, and Peeled Paint.  After coloring them directly onto the rubber of the stamp, I spritzed with water, and stamped onto ordinary cardstock.  Then I cut out my panel using Spellbinder's Nestabilites Labels Eighteen, and framed it in gold hand-cut label.

My next card uses the same principles.  My Hero Arts Stamp here is called Garden Bouquet and the sentiment is from the clear set called Just Find Me.


This time I used Wild Honey and Peeled Paint distress markers, and a Tombo periwinkle marker.  I just sponged on some Shaded Lilac distress ink while the panel was still in the Scalloped Rectangle die.

Please head on over to our blog and see what gorgeous things Guest Designer Piali and my teamies did with Hero Arts stamps!

Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog

As always, Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher at the Simon Says Stamp store for the random winner of this challenge - it could be you!  You don't have to use Hero Arts stamps, but we'd sure like to see them if you have some!

19 comments:

Pam W Merwin said...

Lin, I love both of these cards. They are so pretty :) I love the sponging of the Lilac on your second card - it accents the edging so well!

Jingle said...

Lin, these are both so pretty!

Lisa Carroll said...

Lin, these are BEAUTIFUL! The woodgrain goes perfectly with that floral image... wow, who woulda thunk it? :) And the second card is amazing, with the complimentary color scheme... I LOVE that one! xo

Maureen Morton said...

These are both so great, and such very different looks. I love how you colored the flowers with several Distress Markers - your mist must be very controlled, as mine look very messy when I try. The cornflower blue of the second card is so soothing - and the touch of orange is a great combo! Delightful!

CinnamonSally said...

These are both gorgeous Lin.

Theresa's Studio said...

Love what you did with the distress inks....both cards are striking. Have to play more with my DI's....have just a few colors.
You are so creative and your cards are so frsh and bright.Hugs!

Lorraine A said...

2 very beautiful cards Lin !! I love both of them ,, absolutely gorgeous ! :-) I have been here ages admiring them ,,,, better get a wiggle on ,,,,, :-)

luv
Lols x x x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

2 stunning colors, Lin! I absolutely adore the colors and they're both laid out beautifully!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Heather said...

Both so beautiful, wonderful colours and stunning techniques and designs.

hugs
Heather xx

Barb said...

Please don't make me choose a favorite because there's NO WAY I could do it! These are both so pretty, Lin!

Cathy A said...

Beautiful work with the distress markers Lin, I really must use mine more!

Lucille K said...

Hi Lin, Both cards are absolutely beautiful :)

debby4000 said...

Oh they're both gorgeous Lin.
luv
debby

Melissa Bove said...

So, so beautiful Lin!! 2 stunning cards!!

hugs...

Dawn T said...

I've been so busy haven't had a chance to visit and when I do.... wow so much goodness to feast my eyes on Lin. These two are so beautiful, just so pretty and such wonderful colours.

Robin K. said...

Both of these made my jaw drop Lin!!! Gorgeous!!!!

Unknown said...

love! the hexagon one is so cute!!!

Leni said...

Super sweet cards!

Joy said...

Gorgeous Lin, I love the Summery feel to this card and with that woodgrain background is such a stand out.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog