Sunday, April 13, 2014

Tropical Hello

I  immediately fell in love with the inspiration photo at the ColourQ challenge this week - don't know why it took me so long to make a card with these scrumptious colors!  They make me think of Florida!


I am not a Stampin Up girl, so I don't own a single one of these colors, but I tried my best to match them with what I have.....looks like I need to find that nice sherbety peach color.....all of my peaches are towards the pink side rather than the yellow......


supplies: Technique Tuesday's Two Steppin, sentiment from Lil' Inker's Darling Diamonds, Adirondack Sunset Orange, Hero Arts Orange Soda, Simon Says Stamp Audrey Blue inks, lots of masking, and sequins from Lawn Fawn to bring in that paler aqua color.

We're having a heat wave here - temps in the 70's - whoo-hoo!!  Unfortunately, they're forecasting a high of 35 degrees on Tuesday, so I won't be celebrating for long........

Thanks for stopping by today!!

6 comments:

adele holcomb said...

Pretty color combo and card! Take a look at Hero Arts Fresh Peach and/or Soft Cantaloupe for a nice peachy color. Ihaven't tried combining them with blue but after seeing your pretty card, I will now!

Jackie said...

That s a pretty color combination, very tropical indeed. Love that card! I need to find some of that 3M masking tape.

Lisa Elton said...

Sigh...I just love this Lin. Seriously beautiful card!! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

Dotty Jo said...

Goodness Lin, look what magic you've worked with that yummy colour combo, Jo x

Petti said...

Great take of the challenge pic!

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Lin, love the added touch of sequins! Thanks for joining us at the colourq this week.