Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Simon Says........Embossing

wed-newchallenge-header

Happy Wednesday!  Welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!


This week our challenge is "embossing", and the design team are using WOW! products.  

For my first card, I thought I'd try using colored embossing glitter as one of the layers in a floral multi-step stamp.


supplies: white cardstock, Altenew Garden Treasure set, Altenew Volcano Lake, Lavender Fields, Orange Cream, Frayed Leaf and Forest Glades inks, VersaMark ink, Wow! Spring Breeze and Shrinking Violet and a copper glitter embossing powder, Simon's Sending Happy Thoughts sentiment and Stitched Rectangle die, Nuvo Caribbean Ocean crystal drops, mini Misti tool, heat gun

I stamped 3 layers of the larger flowers and leaves, using VersaMark ink with an embossing glitter for the final layer.  These were cut out and arranged on the panel that I had already stamped the sentiment.  I stamped the small flower sprays near the bouquet, then used Volcano Lake and Forest Glades ink mixed with water to color them.  When they were dry, I added the fussy-cut elements, popping the big aqua flower up above everything else.  

You can see that the embossing glitter does add the detailing very well.

For my 2nd card, I did both wet and dry embossing, using the Spring Breeze embossing glitter and VersaMark ink to stamp my flowers on vellum and my sentiment, and an embossing folder to make my background..


supplies: white and Simon Mint cardstock, vellum, Taylored Expressions Leafy Vine embossing folder, a retired DieNamics Insta-Frame die, Penny Black Petal Party flower and Winnie & Walter's Big, Bold & Happy sentiment, both stamped in Versamark ink and heat embossed with Wow! Spring Breeze embossing glitter, My Mind's Eye mint enamel dots

I like the freshness of this mint color, as we go into the heat of summer!

Now it's your turn - I can't wait to see what you create!  Heidi has provided another $50.00 gift voucher

50dollar_voucher_600px

to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!

13 comments:

Tracy Freeman said...

They are both so pretty, the sparkle is gorgeous and I love the vellum flowers xxx

Lorraine A said...

Both cards are so pretty Lin :-) I love the colours and sparkle on the first one, absolutely gorgeous and the vellum flowers against the embossed background is fabulous on the 2nd one too. :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Tee said...

Love the garden treasure stamps with the beautiful rich colors of your flowers! And the pretty mint on the second card! Both are awesome!

Cat Craig said...

Oh my I am so taken by the second card...love those lines in glitter. I will have to case that technique for sure!

Mandy said...

Beautiful cards Lin! I love how you've layered the flowers on the first card & the vellum flowers are so pretty
xxx

Cindy C. said...

Both so beautiful!!

Lisa Elton said...

Stunning cards Lin!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Lin, the second one in particular is so beautiful and delicate with the vellum flowers, yet really dramatic with the sparkles on it!
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Fabulous cards Lin. Your first one in particular is stunning.

Maureen Chandler said...

These cards are gorgeous - thanks so much for sharing them!!

Kleri said...

Fantastic cards!I totally love the first one!

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous, bright & bold coloring and embossing, Lin! Wow!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

debby4000 said...

Two wonderful cards, love how you created the first one so clever and love the clean look with the second.
luv
Debby