Wednesday, June 20, 2018

A New Simon Release: Good Vibes!

Simon has a new release debuting today, called Good Vibes!  I was lucky enough to have been sent this really fun set of dies, called Perforated Flaps.  There are 3 sizes, and for this card, I used the smallest one.  This is how the card will appear when you take it out of its envelope.


  Look closely.......





The new dies cut 3 different sizes of a 3-sided window, leaving the top attached to be folded up for a surprise underneath.  I used the smallest flap, cut from my stamped and colored flower panel. Then the panel was popped above my card base on which I had stamped my sentiment.  I also added a small vellum panel with a sentiment to the "door".

Here's one more look at the card with the flap closed.  All my supplies are listed below this picture.


supplies: white card, vellum, Simon's Perforated Flaps die, Even More Spring Flowers flower and leaves, Sea You Soon sentiment (under flap), and Stitched Rectangle die, sentiment on vellum from Technique Tuesday Agapanthus, masking paper, Zig markers and water to color, Doodlebug Sprinkles, adhesive foam strips to lift top panel above card base

Be sure to visit THIS PAGE to see the rest of the new release.  I have my eye on the Hibiscus Frame, Everett Letters, and the Classic Bicycle dies.  What are your favorites?

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you'll visit again later this morning for my regular Simon Says Stamp Wednesday blog post.

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a gorgeous card Lin - love the sentiment on the vellum! and the wee 'door' to the larger sentiment
Blessings
Maxine

Sharon Underwood said...

Fantastic card! Love how you used the vellum and where you put the sentiment. I've been following you for a long time and always enjoy your cards. Have a good day!

Lorraine A said...

Oh my goodness, how GORGEOUS is this!!! I need those flaps!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE :-)

XXXX

Cat Craig said...

Darling card, love the flap.