Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Simon Says..........Frame It!

Happy Wednesday!  Welcome to another challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!


wed-newchallenge-header



Our theme is a fun one this week: Frame It!  And the team are playing with Memory Box goodies.

I found an interesting die and made 2 very similar cards with it, using items from my scrap basket.  


supplies: white and peach card stock, Memory Box Small Circle Burst die, Simon's Center Cut Flowers cling, Wishing die and Sending & Wishing sentiment, adhesive foam squares

After assembling the panel with the Circle Burst, I popped it above my peach backing.  

My 2nd card is flatter, just some layering:



supplies: white, aqua, and black card stock, Memory Box Small Circle Burst die, Altenew Painted Flowers, Simon's Sending die and sentiment from Sending & Wishing stamp set

There's a large version of this die, also, but I chose this version, thinking it would make a good sun in the corner of a card.......yet it's still large enough to have a small sentiment inside it.  

Now it's your turn!  We have a $50.00 gift certificate 

50dollar_voucher_600px

to the amazing Simon Says Stamp store for 1 lucky random winner of this week's challenge!

17 comments:

Tracy Freeman said...

That is an unusual die Lin, I love the effect of it thoygh and how you have used it xxx

Lorraine A said...

Beautiful cards Lin :-) both of them are so pretty! I have the circle burst die and it has been sadly neglected, I need to get it out and give it an airing now!! 💞

luv
Lols x x x

Mindy Baxter said...

I almost got this die -- I love the flowers around it and the scripted sentiments. Beautiful!

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous cards, Jo x

Misty Elam said...

Oooh, I love this die paired with the center cut flowers. They go beautifully together!! And I’m totally loving the color peach right now. 😊

Cat Craig said...

Great use of that die, Lin. I might just have to case it. Gorgeous cards.

JoAnn said...

Both cards are gorgeous. Love the way you framed the pretty die with those lovely flowers.

Marge said...

The two cards are so beautiful as always! Love the whimsical pattern of the circle die and the blossoms are well matched according to the mood and color scheme! I'm really enjoying this week's challenge hop since everyone has showcased her own uniquely beautiful styles, so inspiring!♡

Marge

Lisa Elton said...

This are pretty Lin! Love how feminine the first one is!

Mandy said...

Lin these are both absolutely gorgeous! They are so elegant and pretty xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Love that die Lin and you have used it to great effect to create two wonderful cards.
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

totally stunning die Lin. Both cards are so beautiful

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties, Lin - just love the blossoms along that fun circle die!!

CherylQuilts said...

Lin, these are gorgeous cards! I so love the small circle burst die and how you've used the flowers around it with a word die and sentiments! Stunning, and I'm eager to get this one! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

ankitag612 said...

Hi Lin! Such a pretty pair of cards. I love how you used pastel color palette and the flowers look perfect with the die. I particularly adore the peach one, as peach is my favorite color. Have a beautiful day. xx Ankita

Kim Hamilton said...

Lin these are both gorgeous! I love the coral color!

debby4000 said...

A couple of stunning cards Lin, love them both.
luv
Debby