Sunday, June 17, 2018

My Dad

Remembering my Dad on Father's Day, I did a little collage of the few pictures I have of the 2 of us.  


left, my wedding day, 1971, wasn't he handsome?, below, Florida, 2011, me wearing his cap, middle, Jack's Lake, Ontario, early 1950s, right, early 1950's

My Dad was born in 1920, and we had him for 95 years.  He was an avid outdoorsman; loved to hunt and fish and just be outside.  He never sat down, always kept busy.  My sisters and I have fond memories of our summer vacations in Canada.  On a high school diploma, he put his 3 daughters through college, and built the house that we grew up in.  After he retired, he took the time to write down his memories of his life, and that little book is a treasure!  He always had a joke to tell.   He loved spending the winter months in Florida, and one of my favorite memories is of him riding his bike every day with his little dachshund in the basket, even in his 90's!  He and Mom were married for 70 years, and I count myself truly blessed to have had them as my parents and role models. 

Miss you, Daddy!

12 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful tribute to your Dad, Lin - just love all the photos of you two!! Bet you think of him every day! I'm so lucky to have my dad still - like yours, his loves his jokes :)

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely, Lin, Jo x

Unknown said...

How very sweet!! Loved seeing the pictures....such treasures. Missing my Dad today too.

mamawcindy said...

Wonderful collage of pictures you have of you and your Dad. I always say one of the best Inventions was the camera. I am missing my Dad as well today. Glad I stopped by. Happy Day to you!
cindys-greencricut

adele holcomb said...

Thanks for sharing these photos with us. I loved seeing these little slices of life. What a handsome guy -- and you sure take after him too!

Cat Craig said...

LIn what wonderful memories. Thanks for sharing.

luvhymns said...

sweet tribute....

Unknown said...

Loved the pictures of your dad! Thanks so much for shaing!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Aw, such a sweet post about your Dad. Beautiful collage of treasured memories. I know you must miss him terribly.

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Lin... I came by to ogle your 'violets' and ended up here, in a puddle of tears. How absolutely charming … thank you for sharing him with us! I lost my own charming dad when I was only 30, so I know a little bit about a daddy's girl missing her father...
=] Michele

Misty Elam said...

What a beautiful tribute this is, Lin. I love to see your pics with your Dad. Thank you for sharing this with us.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Lin, what a beautiful tribute to a wonderful and loving dad! What a beautiful collage of photos that surely brings back fond memories that you will always cherish! I too had a wonderful dad and am so blessed by him and my mom! What a wonderful life, and no matter how old we are, we still miss them terribly! Celebrating them is a joy, isn't it? Hugs and love! xoxo