Friday, January 13, 2023

Yana's Anemones

 Yana Smakula has a really lovely new collection that just released a few days ago - it's called Anemone Blooms, and it is amazing!

Today I have some cards that  use her Anemone dies and matching sentiment dies from this collection.  I wasn't familiar with this kind of anemone, so I looked it up and found pictures that suggested it comes in white, red, purple, and bright pink.  

For my first card I used all colored foils for all my die-cutting.


supplies: white cardstock, lavender, sage green, and gold foil cardstock, Yana's Anemone dies and Wonderful Script Sentiments dies, microdot adhesive

My sentiment is just 1 of 4 different ones, and there are shadow dies to match each.  I used microdot adhesive to adhere the floral outline and the sentiment, and glue to inlay the flower parts right onto my card base.

Here's a 2nd version.  This time I cut everything from ivory cardstock and watercolored in the details.


supplies: white, black, and ivory cardstock, Yana's Anemone dies and Wonderful Script Sentiment die, Zig watercolor markers and water, microdot adhesive

I'm really pleased with how this one turned out!  I intentionally used an ivory as my background and white for my card base.  This time I stuck to the script and gave the flowers black centers, as they all had when I looked them up.  That tied in nicely with my black sentiment.

Stay tuned.....I'll be back soon with some cards using Yana's Glimmer Anemones!

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Two pretty cards, Lin!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oh so fiddly but what an amazing result, Lin - love both inlaid versions!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Two stunning cards Lin - I stand in awe at your workmanship on these two beauties
Blessings
Maxine

Dawn T said...

Two stunning cards Lin. So much work with all the inlaid peices.