Monday, January 2, 2023

Spellbinders Clubs for January: Small and Large Dies and Embossing Folders

I'm pleased to be able to share my cards using supplies from some of the new Spellbinders January Club Kits! 

First up, the Large Dies of the Month: Club Blooms.  This is a huge set of 23 beautiful flowers and leaves!  I went with soft colors for spring on this one.  I have a feeling that this new floral set of dies will become just as popular as the Be Bold Blooms from a last year. 



supplies: cream, yellow, pinks and greens cardstock, Spellbinders Large Die of the Month: Club Blooms, Embossing Folder of the Month: Stylized Trellis, and sentiment from Log Cabin and Flower Mini Quilts

I layered the larger flowers and separated them with adhesive foam for some dimension.  I cut 3 layers of my sentiment.  The new embossing folder for January, Stylized Trellis, is a good basic that will be useful for lots of occasions.

Next is a card that showcases the Small Die of the Month: Sentimental Ampersand.  I  paired it again with a background made from the Embossing Folder of the Month: Stylized Trellis.


supplies: black cardstock, dps from Doodlebugs My Happy Place pad, Sentimental Ampersand dies and Stylized Trellis embossing folder

This paper pad I chose had a darling little floral print on black, so I cut the ampersand from that and centered it on my embossed black panel.  Then I used more papers from the same pad to cut out my sentiments, flowers, and leaves.  The die set includes 2 more sets of sentiments with dies to match and an extra piece to layer onto the ampersand which I didn't use this time.

This year there will be 2 Clubs for embossing folders, 1 a "regular" 2D folder, which you've seen on both cards above, and a new club for 3D folders!  Here's a card using the January 3D embossing folder of the month: Floral Archway.  This is a large folder with gorgeous flowers around the edges of a simple arch, where you can add your sentiment.  


supplies: Cream and green cardstock, Floral Archway 3D folder, Forest Glades ink, sentiment from Mix & Match Holiday Greetings dies

After cutting a cream panel a bit smaller than an A2 size, I embossed it, then gently rubbed on some green ink.  Then I found a green cardstock to match and cut out my sentiment, then matted the embossed panel.  These 3D folders have so much gorgeous detail that you don't need to do much more than let the design shine all by itself!

Next I went in a slightly different direction, covering up the arch with the largest flower, cut and embossed separately.


supplies: pool, foiled gold, and whitewash aqua cardstock, Floral Archway 3D embossing folder, gold foiled sentiment

I embossed first on an old piece of whitewash cardstock, then sanded off the details to appear in aqua.  Next I chose one of the flowers in the folder and embossed it on a scrap of white-core pool cardstock, and cut it out by hand, also sanding it lightly to bring out the details.  These were layered, matted in gold foil cardstock and pool, then the gold-foiled sentiment was added.

You can look HERE for information on Spellbinders Clubs.  Each is available only until January 28.  If you click on my links under each card, you can see the details of each product.

I'll be back in a few days with some more kits; thanks so much for stopping by today

4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous projects with new Spellbinders, Lin! I look forward to seeing the new items in my January bundle!! Happy New Year!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty cards, Lin! I especially like the flowers on the first one!

kiwimeskreations said...

What stunning projects Lin - it looks as though you really enjoyed the new releases. Your cards are beautiful
Blessings
Maxine

JoAnn said...

These are gorgeous. I really love the first one with the pretty blooms on the pink embossed background. TFS