Saturday, September 28, 2024

Lisa Horton's Essential Holiday Collection: Nested Tree Frames and Holiday Background Panels

 I have a couple of cards today using some of the new releases from Lisa Horton's Essential Holiday Collection.


supplies: white, Audrey Blue, black and other colored cardstock, Lisa Horton Nested Tree Frame dies, Holiday Background Panel press plate, Moondust glimmer hot foil, Essential Tags dies, Christmas Wreath Add-ons Snowman dies, Handwritten Holiday Sentiment dies, baker's twine bow, adhesive foam squares

I started with the Holiday Background press plates.  There are 4 separate ones in the package; I chose the snowflake one and foiled it with Moondust glimmer foil.  Then I used the largest of the stitched rectangles in the Tree Frame set to cut it out.  That was glued to the Tree Frame, and the whole thing was centered on my card front.  Then I constructed my snowman and used a chopped tag from the Essential Tags set to carry my sentiment.

Here's another card that uses almost everything in the Nested Tree Frame set; I just kept on layering!


supplies: white, kraft, 3 green, and pale aqua cardstock, Nested Tree Frame dies, Holiday Background Panels falling snow panel press plate, Opal glimmer hot foil, Sending Joy Sentiments press plate, Green glimmer hot foil, tiny clear gems

I really like the idea of the small rectangle backgrounds in the BetterPress set - it's nice to have all these options that fit inside this interesting frame!  Here I used opal glimmer hot foil and the falling snow panel on a pale aqua cardstock.

I'll be back again in a few days with another creation using other new goodies from this collection!

No comments: