Sunday, September 15, 2024

Oak Forest

 I love my embossing folders, and so when I saw this new one from the Spellbinders Falling Leaves Collection, I grabbed it!  It's called Oak Forest, and it will be a workhorse for me in the fall; love the size of the leaves and acorns!  I decided to make a bittersweet wreath to let the folder shine.


white, kraft, gold, oranges, and red cardstock, Oak Forest 3D embossing folder, Build a Wreath, Garden Wreath, and Hiking Through the Meadow sprigs, leaves, and berries, All Seasons Autumn Sentiments press plate/die set, twine bow

Next, I wanted to try the blackout technique.  My Dad loved oak trees the best in the fall - he was drawn to the duller colors.


supplies: white, kraft, rust, burgundy, and gold cardstock, Oak Forest 3D embossing folder, alcohol markers to color, aqua ink for background, Autumn Wonder oak leaves, Fall Thoughtfulness sentiment, adhesive foam squares

I turned the embossed panel over and colored in the leaves and acorns with alcohol markers, then swiped an aqua ink pad over the whole panel to color in the background.  Then I cut an oak leaf from 3 different colors and lifted it above the card, along with my sentiment.

Thank you for stopping by today!

4 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Lin, I LOVE that gorgeous, embossed panel, and you have really made it shine TWO ways!
=]

Dawn T said...

Two stunners Lin. A gorgeous background

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh my goodness Lin - a pair of stunning cards, and I love the way you have used the 'blackout' technique - that's amazing
Blessings
Maxine

Lisa Elton said...

Oh wow, I love the EF! Fabulous cards, Lin!