Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Little Chickadee

 Here's a stamp I picked up earlier this month, one of the STAMPtember collaborations; this one with Ink on 3.  It sold out almost immediately, so I'm so glad I grabbed this little chubby charmer!  I love my birds, and chickadees are a favorite.  I believe this is the first one that I can stamp (others are dies).


supplies: white and pollen cardstock, Little Chickadee stamp set, black, greys, Chamomile, Firefly, and Grass Field inks, Penny Black (retired) Stitched Stackers die

I started by stamping the bird and branch in the center of my A2 panel, then separately stamped and fussy-cut the flowers and leaves, and embossed one of the sentiments from the set in white on black.  The panel was then trimmed with a stitching die, matted with yellow and added to my white card base.  

I love layered stamping sets, and these were easy to line up.  I think this set will get good use for masculine cards, especially by keeping the flowers to a minimum.

4 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Lin, I love Chickadees, too! Your little guy is adorable and beautifully stamped and colored!
It's Warbler time! We're seeing quite a few!
=]

mamawcindy said...

Love your card so much Lin, Birds are my favorite animal, and I love little chickadees. I also love the stitched die that you used. Reminds me of little bird tracks in the snow. Such a sweet card.
Hope you have a great day!
cindys-greencricut

Lisa Elton said...

That darling little chickadee is the sweetest way to send happy birthday wishes! Delightful card, Lin!

JoAnn said...

Love that cute little chickadee perched on the lovely yellow flowers. Great birthday card.