Awhile back I came across a gorgeous card on Instagram that was made by Inderjeet at cottage.cards, where she used the Mini Flower Cluster dies to make a kind of frame around her card. Since the calender has turned to September, I've been itching to start using fall colors, so I thought I'd try her idea, using the colors of nasturtiums for mine. They have always been a favorite in our gardens, since their colors work right through from summer into fall.
supplies: colored cardstocks, Altenew Mini Flower Cluster Layering dies, Spellbinders/Susan Tierney-Cockburn Thoughtful Garden Gate sentiment, adhesive foam squares
After constructing 6 groups of flowers, I placed them around the edges of an A2 panel, then used the Press n' Seal method to hold them together and then add leaves under and on top of the arrangement. After stamping my sentiment in the center of the panel, I used adhesive foam squares to lift them above the card.
Since some of the leaves go outside the edges of my card, I needed something to hold it up above my background for a picture, and found that something in a little garden bench on which a little Teddy Bear sits.
Nasturtiums make pretty cut flowers, and are also edible, so I often pop a couple on top of my potato salad in the summer! They are peppery tasting.
These flower clusters are some of my favorites and are so versatile. Here and here and here and here and here are some other cards made with them.
It sure doesn't feel like September at the moment - it was 92 degrees here yesterday! Enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment