Friday, August 12, 2022

A Simple Birthday Card

 August is a big month in my family for birthdays, so I'd best get going!  This one is for my purple-loving sister.


supplies: white, and shades of purple and green cardstock, Altenew Mini Flower Cluster dies, Simon Joys of Spring sentiment, an old Sizzix embossing folder

After constructing 2 sets of the flower clusters and leaves, I embossed the lower 2/3 of a card panel, then stamped my sentiment.  Then I added the flowers, and put the whole panel onto a card base.  

You could make a whole set of these, just varying the flower colors and sentiments!

4 comments:

June from Minnesota said...

I love your shades of purple with the perfect soft yellow you used in the layering flower! The embossing folder is a beautiful touch!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a whole lot of pretty, Lin and I think your sister will love it!

Dawn T said...

Love this as I too, am a Purple lover. Love how you added the embossing on the bottom of the card. Great card Lin.

kiwimeskreations said...

A delightful card Lin - love your attention to detail with the embossing and the arrangement of the flowers
Blessings
Maxine